Monday, August 07, 2006

Wildhorse Meadows update

Wildhorse Meadows has been approved by the Steamboat Springs City Council and includes a free public gondola between it and the new plaza in One Steamboat Place. Current plans for One Steamboat place include a large public plaza that goes from Mount Werner Circle to gondola square that in my opinion will start to make the base area of Steamboat more of a destination for food and entertainment in addition to a nicer place ot just hang out after skiing or in the summer. It includes a new skier drop off and landing zone for the Wildhorse Meadows Cabriolet gondola This makes Wildhorse Meadows a new base area in my book.

I see it as a major step forward for Steamboat's base area upgrades and expect to see some of the same benefits and increases in value that other ski areas have experienced when they upgrade their base. I think it will have a postive impact on other quality properties in the base area and be a good opportunity on it's own. Give me a call or send an email if you want to know more about what is happening here in Steamboat. I follow these developments and the public improvements for the Steamboat base closely so you can learn about them all in one place. My contact info is at the top left of this page.

No comments: