Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Indian Summer is back


Today was our second day of sunny & warm fall weather here in Steamboat Springs after our second significant snow this year. My friend Jeff Lampas called about going water-skiing so I couldn't turn down making some more turns on the remnants of last years epic winter along with the first pickings of this winter. That should be good luck right? As you can see the lake I ski at sits just below the mountain so it is a perfect place to pay my regards to the cycle that brings us such a great combination of seasons here in Steamboat. It just occured to me that since we are west of the continental divide and most of our storms come from the west that more of our snow stays local and comes back year after year. Just like most of our guests (or is that locals in training? :)

No comments: