Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Steamboat Powder skiing in this year's Warren Miller Film

I just got back from this year's Warren Miller movie called Off The Grid. Steamboat has a 5 minute segment and the powder shots were awesome. Probably second only to the shots of a paralyzed guy in a sit ski heli-skiing in Alaska. As you know the 2005/2006 season was Epic here in Steamboat so it wasn't hard for them to get some nice shots. Most importantly we all got to relive a whole lot of days that were as good or better than when the Warren Miller Crew was filming. I still have a big smile on my face as I write this. It is snowing hard here tonight and has been since about 6pm. I ran into to a friend that hiked up to the top of Storm Peak on Sunday and said he had great powder turns for a long way down. It looks like tomorrow will be even better, I wish I had time to take a hike to the top. Go back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,

That warren miller ski movie sounds great, they play those often on HDNET (a high definition cable channel) and I always get sucked in even though I have seen many of them a handful of times. I have been tracking the colorado storm that is hitting you guys now, it was featured on Good Morning America too, wonder how much snow the mountain resort will get.

I lived in Colorado myself for four years and skied at Steamboat once, hope you have an awesome year buddy ;-)

Brian

Jon Wade said...

Thanks Brian! We got about a foot last night so I wnet up and skied on Rabbit Ears pass this morning on my light backcountry gear. I hope that you can make it out here soon to make some turns of your own