Sunday, July 15, 2007

Steamboat Valley View Trail

I rode on one of my favorite mountain bike rides in Steamboat (its almost just out my door) Zig Zag to Valley View Trail on Mount Werner with a friend from Boulder last weekend. He put together this trails description that I thought was worth sharing. It includes a GPS plot of the route on a topo map, pictures and a great description of the trail. Check out this version of Valley View Trail too. Cool pictures on that page as fall is giving way to winter. Fall is the best time of the year to ride this trail. I like to go in the evening when the alpenglow streams in through the golden leaves and your tires travel on a path of gold. It is one of the more beautiful times I can think of in a beautiful valley.

If you haven't ridden it before you should also check out the Hot Springs Mad Creek Loop or the Mad Creek to Red Dirt Loop. Back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

No comments: