Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yampa Tailwaters Preserve

Our group was out at the Tailwaters Ranch below Lake Catamount today on snowmobiles checking out the property as we explore our options to proceed. There were ducks on the river, I saw a trout surface, elk tracks every where and I can’t even express how gorgeous it was. We rode around some more for fun feeling lucky to be one of the few that will ever ride there. Then most of the guys left but the trailer wasn’t back yet so I stayed so my friend wouldn’t be hanging out alone since he couldn't risk getting stuck in the deep snow just before dark.

We went back into the back bowl of the ranch and it got even more beautiful as the sun was setting and the Alpenglow hit with the fog coming off of the river and the face shots from 3 feet of fresh champagne powder reflected all on the light. Truly amazing. All this and nearly 2 miles of singular Tailwaters fly-fishing on the Yampa River all year long since this section doesn't freeze.

If you would like to know the inside scoop on Yampa Tailwaters Preserve just give me a call at 970-819-6930 anytime. I know the property in and it's status well.

Nov 2009 Update - Change is afoot with the Yampa Tailwaters Preserve. If you have interest in the property give me a call.


Back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

No comments: