Thursday, September 04, 2008

Steamboat Base area improvements update

I got a question from a client about the status of projects and the public improvements at the base area so I thought I would share my response with you. In regards to base area improvements the public URA funded improvements are progressing and I just got chosen to be on the URAAC committee that manages what gets designed and built for the city. Intrawest has made the first round of on mountain regrading and new lifts at the base. Private project wise One Steamboat Place next to the gondola is doing their steelwork, Edgemont just up the hill below Bearclaw has broken ground and released the contract to build, Ski Time Square is being demolished as we speak but it will be at least a year before that starts due to planning time frames. Some things may go a little slower but not yet. Edgemont starting is a very good sign and a strong vote of confidence in Steamboat given the national lending environment.

I am always happy to answer questions or give you an update so call me at 970-819-6930 if you are curious about progress or the details. For more click back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page.

No comments: