Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Late Spring Powder Day in Steamboat


I thought I would share a couple of shots from today. It was easily a top 5 day for me in a year with many EPIC powder days in Steamboat. This picture was taken after a few hours of skiing since we can never seem to stop when the snow is at its best. My neighbor and friend Pete is an inspiration and a role model at any age, especially at 65. I could barely keep up on continuous top to bottom tree runs and didn’t mind it a bit. Steamboat is truly a magical place. I only wish I would have had my SLR with me to truly do his skiing justice. The shot was taken a bit late, it was much better ¼ second earlier. Pete also won his age group in NASTAR Saturday then the overall National handicapped for age on Sunday. I think the fountain of youth must be in Steamboat. See the attached pictures but they don’t begin to do the conditions justice. For more click back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page.

No comments: