Please let me know if you would like to know more about buying your first home in Steamboat with the $8,000 credit or the new programs available to repeat buyers that include a $6,500 credit. I know the process and the lenders with the best programs for first time buyers.
The Wall Street Journal recommends that First time Buyers act soon
Tips for buyers Interested in buying a home and claiming the home-buyer tax credit? Below are five tips:
1. Don’t procrastinate search now. Getting an early start will give you a better chance of finding the right house before the credit deadline.
2. Don’t count on another extension. The credit won’t be available forever. If you want to take advantage, be sure to make that spring deadline.
3. Mind the interest rates. Mortgage interest rates are low right now, but will likely rise next year.
4. Communicate with your lender. Throughout the process, make sure you’re communicating with your lender regularly; if there’s a piece of documentation you’re asked for, get it turned in as soon as possible.
5. Don’t take shortcuts. Don’t forgo any of the steps you would normally take just to make the tax-credit deadline. Make sure the house is a good fit for your needs and get a home inspection.For more click back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page.