Monday, November 28, 2005

Steamboat Powder Skiing

powder skiing
Here is a picture of my friend John Morse making a turn in the deep powder today. They reported 15 inches in 24 hours and 7 over night but there was at least 15 inches on the groomed run above the base of the storm peak lift and as you can see the powder was worth giving thanks for in the trees. I'm not saying it was like this every turn but nearly every turn was sweet and the snow lasted all day in the trees. You sunk in 3-5 feet deep in the trees when you stopped mostof the time. My facemask came in very handy but a snorkel would have been nice. Needless to say it was worth taking a day off for this storm.

I'd say it easily made the list of my top ten powder days and I have been chasing storms for nearly 20 years in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Montana. My friends and I ran the CU Ski Club way back when, we were lucky to get countless epic days over the years.

No comments: