Friday, March 24, 2006

Steamboat Nastar Nationals

The Nastar National Championships are in Steamboat this week. It has been fun to meet some of the racers. Anywhere from our friend Andrew Stevens to a 81 & 77 year young couple that have been racing together for 7 years. She had a sparkle in her eyes like you wouldn't believe and he wasn't far behind. They live in Miami and ski 9 weeks a year. It's insprinig to me to meet people I can look up to like that. It makes me snile right now as I picture myself just as fiesty and still skiing fast in 40 years or so :)

Andrew Stevens is a 4 year old racer out of Boulder who came up to race in his first Nationals. He was all smiles today and put up a great performance. I wish I could have started at his age but the important thing is getting out there whatever age you are with a smile on your face.

No comments: