Thursday, November 16, 2006

Winter in Steamboat is here


Several people are have asked me how it looks in Steamboat after our most recent storm so I took a quick picture to share with you today. This is from downtown outside my office. I find myself walking out front a couple of times a day just to look up at the mountain and see how the light or the weather is hitting it. I am a pretty lucky guy to live here. We can still use some more snow for a great opening but it has been plenty cold to make snow. They are even making snow during the day downtown at Howelsen Hill. From town you can see where the snowcats have been working on the main trails to pack the new snow into a solid base. My favorite source for the Steamboat Snow Forecast shows the next possibility for significant snow coming through on Saturday. Hopefully it will develop into a good storm and be followed by another one for opening day on Wednesday. Head back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more Steamboat Springs Info.

No comments: