Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas from Steamboat Springs

I want to take a moment to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season. I trust that whether you celebrate Christmas or a different holiday that you will have a wonderful time with the people that are special to you.

We had a wonderful day here with our family seeing Alden and Neve enjoy the wonders of the holiday. It was really cool to see Alden so very excited while at the same time making sure that his little sister Neve always had a present to open or felt welcome to sit on his new mini excavator. Kids bring the purest form of joy to special occasions and daily life so I feel lucky to get to share it with them on a daily basis. They can be quite a challenge but anything from the slightest smile, a run to greet you with a hug to "You are the best Daddy in the whole world and my best friend too" can instantly transcend even the sore leg or dirty diapers we so often wake to at 3am.

Parenthood has been the best Christmas present of all for me and I feel like I get something better than Chrismas everyday from Alden, Neve and my wonderful wife Wendy. She talked me into all of this and does her best to make our lives special everyday. I am blessed in more ways than I can count.

The other highlight of my day was the chance to work at and contribute to the Steamboat Community Christmas dinner. This is a great chance to spend time with the great people that live in Steamboat and give people a place to come for a full on Christmas dinner. This is probably my favorite event all year and I need to make time to do more of this all year long.

I hope that Santa brings all of you more trips to ski deeper powder and time to experience summer here in Steamboat. HO HO HO, Merry Christmas from Steamboat!!! Back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

No comments: