Wednesday, February 28, 2007

5 Feet of Powder in 5 Days

The picture above is from my last run at about 11am this morning through one of my favorite stashes. I only crossed one track in several hundred yards. I'm not saying that is easy to find but it is definitely there for those that learn the mountain. It is nice to be back in the storm track. There was about 2 feet new in the trees this morning… I’m having Déjà vu from last year. I hope that you can make it out soon to enjoy an epic spring day for yourself. From the Steamboat Straight Talk Report: "Over 5 feet of snow in 5 Days! I'm still trying to catch my breath. It was lost hours ago in the 16" of fresh glorious snow at the top of 3 O'clock trees. Still Breathing hard... If you are not skiing sweet turns through the trees today kick yourself. The snow is bottomless and the skies are still snowing. Looks like mother nature is going to keep the white stuff falling for the next few days."
UPDATE: It kept on snowing and 2 days later it was 100 inches of fresh Champagne powder in 7 days. Get out here soon, this kind of Champagne doesn't age well. Ski over to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

No comments: