Thursday, March 01, 2007

Intrawest completes Steamboat Purchase Early!

It's Official! ASC didn’t back out this time and Intrawest is the new owner of the Steamboat Ski area. I’m sure that Intrawest won’t be perfect but odds are Steamboat will soon be an even better place to ski. Steamboat is one of the top brand names in skiing and Intrawest considers Steamboat to be a marquee resort in their portfolio. They have the cash to invest and the smarts to really bring up the level of experience on the mountain. It will be very interesting to hear more detailed announcements over the next few months with details on their plans for Steamboat and I’ll pass those on as appropriate. For more background scan back in time on my Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

A lift or two, some on mountain improvements, and an overall step up in service will go a long way. Most importantly I hope that they stick to their commitment to not change the things that make Steamboat special. BTW We have gotten 6 feet of snow in the last 6 days and more is falling now. It was a little thin earlier this year so I think this calls for another visit to Steamboat soon. You deserve some epic powder days, don’t you?

I'll have more thoughts and details soon so check back. I'll post links to the best articles published on the sale. If you want to understand more about what is happening in Steamboat Real Estate feel free to give me a call at 970-819-6930.

No comments: