Friday, March 02, 2007

Steamboat has gotten 300 inches so far this season

Over 100 inches of Champagne Powder over the last seven days has put us back into a solid season for snow. I have had a strong case of Deja Vu around town and up on the mountain over the last week as my mind keeps taking me back to last year's epic season. Our base is now over 80 inches, the best in the state within the major resorts. Vail is just over 50 inches. Several weather forecasters said in the fall we were likely to have a nice fall then a slower mid-season with strong precipitation in the spring. I guess they knew what they were talking about. March is generally a great month for snow so I am excited to see how much of the good stuff comes our way. Wax your powder skis and get out here soon... Back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

No comments: