Monday, September 24, 2007

Aging of the skier population

Justin over at Ski Blog posted on an article about how the average age of skiers is going up and more people people are wearing helmets. I for one am glad that the average age of skiers is going up for at least one key reason. People seem to be skiing longer and better with age now that I think about it. One of my favorite ski moments is getting dusted on the slopes by someone 20 or more years older than me. It is not an uncommon event here in Steamboat. I am no Olympian but I can get down the hill at a respectable speed and there are a large group of "older" skiers that can drop me without even looking like they are trying. I've even seen some slow down a bit for me and a I quickly tell them to stop that and show me how I need to ski. My new neighbor Pete Wither is a perfect example of this. He don't even break a sweat when he puts me in my place on skis or on a bike.

Back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page for more.

No comments: