Saturday, August 16, 2008

Snow in the Steamboat Springs area last night

It came a day later than predicted but I have heard several reports of snow on the continental divide just north of the Steamboat Ski area. 4 to 6 inches in the higher elevations is the word. My heart is beating a little faster now, how about yours?

UPDATE: Two people told me today there was a good covering of snow in the Flattops south of Steamboat Springs so we are in the storm track. It is far to early to keep snow and I have more summer to enjoy but I never mind seeing a storm remind me where I live.

From the Aspen Times "At Rocky Mountain National Park, Trail Ridge Road was closed due to weather conditions. Howard Marco in the park's information office said at least half a foot of snow had accumulated on the road, which reaches altitudes of more than 12,000 feet and is billed as the highest continuous paved road in the country. Elsewhere there were trace amounts of snow in the mountains overnight, said Chris Cuoco, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Grand Junction. He said more precipitation could fall. For more click back to the Steamboat Springs blog main page.

No comments: