- Take a minute to look a little deeper and do the math. http://steamboat.com/plan-vacation/tickets-passes/results/
- The $979 pass price divided by $70 per day (assuming you get a good deal) equals 14 days of skiing to pay for it.
- In Steamboat kids under 12 get a free pass for every adult that buys one, this is a big deal.
- A large part of the value of having a season pass is the flexibility it provides. With Steamboat’s short lift lines you can have a great ski day in 2-3 hours and either “Work from Home” or trade off with your spouse and spend time with younger kids doing something else. It is getting to be a distant memory but I did a lot of working from home my last few years at HP and my rankings & results went higher the more I did. Hmmm, could getting a season pass be a great career move?? Be careful because you might end up moving here like me.
- Make it a goal to be here more this winter not just some time in the future. I know that you have achieved much bigger goals than this so I am confident you will succeed.
- Say you ski here a couple of weeks a year or a week and two long weekends you are well within reach.
- If you are flexible why not watch the snow reports and plan on doing an extra trip on frequent flier miles when the conditions are perfect.
- If you fly a lot for work tack on a few ski legs onto your itineraries over the winter.
- If you have been meaning to delegate more or bring on a manger so you can get away more what better reason to push you over the edge?
- A 20 day Super Value pass is $799 or $40 per day, 15 and 10 day versions are also available. 10-12 days is break-even , why not extend a stay or add a boys /girls trip to your winter plans?
- Don’t think so much, just do it and you will be amazed how you will figure out how to use the extra days to enjoy our favorite mountain.
- I have so many more ideas it is a little scary but I was once a remote local like you and spent more than a little brainpower figuring this all out. I am happy to advise you on the best strategy at any time.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Steamboat Season Pass advice
I often advise my friends to think about how much they will be out here for the coming season. Most people assume it doesn’t make sense to have a season pass because they live in XYZ etc but nearly everyone would like to ski here more and are pretty goal oriented about making that happen.